22 Ocak 2013 Salı

Revised Journal Entry 1


As to me being a METU student is one of the most advantageous things in anybody’s life. Don’t look that I am saying so right now. If you had asked this question a month ago I would’ve run and have left you without an answer because I had always wanted to be a Bosphorus University student until I failed at the first part of university entrance exam. METU was my second choice and I didn’t actually want it to become real at all. When results came, I was truly disappointed and depressed. I couldn’t get rid of sadness couple of days. As the days went by, I started to get used to the idea of becoming a METU student but I wasn’t still completely happy about it. I think it is METU’s destiny to become second choice but the best choice of students at the same time. This situation results from METU’s location. Ankara hasn’t been desired by many students for years. They prefer going Istanbul to going Ankara. However, as a person who saw both of them I can say that Ankara is better choice to live and have fun together with more peaceful environment. In my opinion, this prejudice results from herd mentality. The more people go to Istanbul, the more it seems desirable. I have been here for a month and all I can say is METU is the best university and it has the most perfect campus I’ve ever seen. Now, I am really happy about doing badly in the first exam. I have no regression about being here. Also, I’m attending the trainings of Ultimate Frisbee Team at least four times a week. I have bunch of new friends and there is a perfect atmosphere of humanity here. Also, I’m content with my dorm and my roommates. What can I say, life is beautiful here for now J    

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder