7 Kasım 2012 Çarşamba

Slogan For Metu

Initially, I want to express my opinion about ''I Brain ODTÜ''. When I heard this slogan for the first time I thought that it is a brilliant slogan but when I dwell upon this slogan I find it little bit peculiar.
I can’t write the exact words roaming in my mind; however, this slogan sounds irritating in grammatical way. I can’t fully understand what’s their aim in using ‘’BRAIN’’ in this way. According to my opinion this slogan is trying to say that Metu is hosting people who find the process of thinking as an important matter or it’s trying to say that ‘’I think in ODTÜ’’ as a resemblance of words of Descartes ‘’I think therefore I exist’’. Failing to see meaning of this slogan completely makes me uncomfortable, that’s why I don’t like ‘’I Brain ODTÜ’’ so much. Even though I dislike it because of its complexity in meaning, I find this slogan appealing when I see it on t-shirts. I think it looks really good.

Second of all, I think different slogan for Metu. I don’t know whether it is striking or not but it shows exactly how I feel about Metu. My slogan is ‘’METU IS OUR WORLD’’. I say so because both its campus and its academic life give us such good opportunities  that it can’t be more efficient than what we can expect from a world. We live here in a really good condition and everything we need is on hand at all times. We can do whatever we want and we don’t need to go outside of the campus for both survival things and entertainment. If you plan your time well, you can be able to live in a productive way.        

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder